Monday, February 18, 2013

The Best Banana Bread

So I have been trying to perfect this banana bread recipe for some time (let me tell you, I don’t think this has been upsetting to my coworkers since they have been the guinea pigs) and I think I am just about there. The milk chocolate makes it a little extra indulgent and the nuts add the perfect crunch. Try it out and let me know your thoughts!

4 Ripe Bananas (not overripe)

1 Egg
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
2 Tablespoons Bourbon (optional)
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
¾ Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
 
Mash bananas, and add egg, vanilla, butter, and bourbon, combine. Add the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and combine. Slowly add the wet ingredients and mix until just combines. Add chocolate chips and nuts to combine.

Pour into a greased or butters 2 pound bread pan. You should have enough batter to make a few muffins if you like.


Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. Let cook and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment