Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sausage Balls

I don’t know about you, but one of the things I love most about food is how it always brings people together.  Christmas Eve has always been one of my favorite nights of the year for that reason; we have a big party with family, friends, and of course lots of food.  It’s a tradition that everyone loves, down to the Whisky Sours and Sausage Roll-Ups my grandpa has been making both since I can remember. Instead of the traditional sausage roll-up, I decided to make the ball version this year. It’s simple and delicious, I hope you enjoy!

Sausage Balls
8oz Cream Cheese – softened
1lb Breakfast Sausage
8oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 oz. Can Water Chestnuts – Chopped
¼ cup Green Olives – Chopped
½ tsp. Cayenne – More if you would like it spicier
2 Packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls or Sheets


Brown Sausage until cooked through, drain.  Combine sausage with the remaining ingredients and mx thoroughly, it is easiest to just use your hands. Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Cut each package of dough into 16 squares and place about a tablespoon of filling in the middle of each; form into a ball. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until browned. Serve with Spicy Marinara.
Spicy Marinara1 Jar marinara sauce
1tps Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Combine and heat

No comments:

Post a Comment